Gateway to Care is a 501(c)(3) collaborative comprised of 167 public and private safety net health systems, coalitions, advocacy groups and social service providers working together to assist the approximately 2.2 million medically indigent residents in the greater Houston area in receiving medical care at the most appropriate setting. Our mission is to facilitate access to adequate healthcare for uninsured and underinsured persons in the Harris County service region by establishing a mechanism for health care agencies, coalitions, funding entities and advocacy groups to coordinate common administrative and service delivery activities to provide a seamless service delivery system.
Our mission is to facilitate access to adequate healthcare for uninsured and underinsured persons in the Harris County service region by establishing a mechanism for health care agencies, coalitions, funding entities and advocacy groups to coordinate common administrative and service delivery activities to provide a seamless service delivery system.
Current Open Positions
OUTREACH AND EDUCATION HEALTH WORKER
Gateway to Care is seeking a responsible, reliable, and passionate employee to join the outreach team part-time. As an outreach staff member, you will be helping the Greater Houston community gain access and education to healthcare via enrollment application assistance, community health fairs, one-on-one client education, and navigation services. You will be sent to different sites across Houston to work with community members in enrolling their families into programs such as Children’s Health Insurance Plan and Children’s Medicaid. You will be working as a member of team and expected to meet cumulative and individual goals.
- Provides assistance, guidance, direction and support to uninsured and underinsured persons in need of access to health care. (65%)
- Outreach to community organizations, faith-based organizations, clinics, hospital systems, school-based programs, daycares, and other programs and settings to find trusted individuals for training (10%)
- Conduct presentations to groups and leaders of the community about program goals and free training and secure training opportunities; conduct workshop trainings in the community in Harris and surrounding counties about CHIP, Children’s Medicaid, the Marketplace, and insurance literacy. (10%)
- Conducts follow-up with client and/or provider to ensure linkages to health care and/or social services are successful. (10%)
- Obtains and enters required information/data, to assist in completing patient records for a centralized information registry and maintains accurate information/data on each client requiring service. (5%)
- Collaborates with site staff to facilitate/increase access, ensure effective linkages and follow-up, as needed. (5%)
- Other duties as directed by supervisor. (5%)
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 3 years experience in healthcare setting or health education/outreach
- Ability to use computer and learn data entry program to input numbers
- Bilingual preferred
- Certified Community Health Worker Certification a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To apply, please send resumes to Administrative Clerk Klarisa Perales at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.