Gateway to Care is a 501(c)(3) collaborative comprised of 167 public and private safety net health systems, coalitions, advocacy groups and social service providers working together to assist the approximately 2.2 million medically indigent residents in the greater Houston area in receiving medical care at the most appropriate setting. Our mission is to facilitate access to adequate healthcare for uninsured and underinsured persons in the Harris County service region by establishing a mechanism for health care agencies, coalitions, funding entities and advocacy groups to coordinate common administrative and service delivery activities to provide a seamless service delivery system.
Our mission is to facilitate access to adequate healthcare for uninsured and underinsured persons in the Harris County service region by establishing a mechanism for health care agencies, coalitions, funding entities and advocacy groups to coordinate common administrative and service delivery activities to provide a seamless service delivery system.
Current Open Positions
We are seeking a Program Director to be the operational leader of one or more programs. The Program Director is responsible for management of the programs’ HR, Finance, and IT functions under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director. Administrative tasks and responsibilities include assuring a smooth start-up and integration of new programs; growth of existing programs, maintaining and adhering to multiple grant budgets; time and effort reporting, orienting, evaluating, and directing staff; and meeting program goals. This key position reports to the Executive Director.
- Keeps programs up-to-date with HR processes, procedures and records related to all staff current and past.
- Handles all finances as it relates to AR/AP, payroll, reports, grants and decision making as it relates to program needs and organizational goals.
- Manages IT needs, equipment assignments, equipment check out, IT requests, and inventory.
- Manages resources, working closely with internal staff as well as outside contractors including, but not limited to, HR, IT, and Finance.
- Assigns duties, monitors results, controls budget, and appraises performance and directs staff as appropriate.
- Facilitates the organization, leadership, collaboration building, and coordination of activities necessary to develop and support programs.
- Works with the Gateway to Care Collaborative to implement programs to foster a Culture of Health in the Gulf Coast Region of Texas.
- Directs, evaluates, and coaches staff in the effective completion of assignments in a timely manner to achieve program goals in all areas of responsibility. Assures that all levels of staff perform according to established standards.
- Develops succinct and thorough reports on the status of projects, finances, personnel, and issues for programs to deliver to the Executive Director, Board, and Grantors.
- Budgets to attain goals and maintain activities within budget facilitating timely reimbursement for grant funded activities.
- Directs the grants application, reporting, and renewal process to obtain additional funding and assure timely submission of applications and required reports for programs directed.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience within healthcare organizations.
- At least 5 years’ project management experience.
- Experience writing and overseeing grants and funding.
- Financial expertise including budgeting and allocation of funds.
- Exceptional computer skills with Microsoft Office.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To apply, please send resumes to Executive Director Ms. Zeljka Mijic at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.